It’s January, and with January comes the time when we all make resolutions that we swear we are going to keep over the course of the year.
And then we never do. Or at least I don’t.
What makes me think that this year will be any different for me?
It probably won’t but I am needing to change my entire life and what better way to start than making a list of things I want to achieve this year.
I am not going to make resolutions as such, I am going to make goals of things that are realistically achievable this year and ones that I am more likely to stick to.
- I am aiming to blog my way throughout ever day this year following a 365 day prompt pdf I managed to get a hold of (link to it coming soon when I find it again) I have actually set up some as scheduled posts already for January.
- Respond to comments and also leave comments on other blogs – I want to reconnect with other bloggers again and get more “social”
- Stay on top of my reviews that need to posted on my blog as well as other sites and get better at doing a quicker turn around
- Vlogging – I really, really want to vlog more in 2016 I just find restraints on when and where to do it without the kids or other distractions….
(found this one doing the rounds on Facebook – I don’t know the original source)
There are lots of personal goals that I would love to say I want to do and stick at , but the picture above pretty much sums up how I honestly think my resolutions would pan out. I am going to do another post with my other goals once I really think about what I actually want to achieve in that department this year but here are some
- Take a selfie everyday, no matter how I look and then review how much I have changed as the year went on.
- I am on the de-clutter diet again – I am actually disgusted with the amount of crap that we have in the house – Xmas alone has filled my blue recycle bin to the brim and then some the day after it was emptied! Thankfully it does get emptied again next Wednesday but my kitchen is full of boxes and other recycle stuff.
- I want to tackle the loft this year = as we don’t know what the year will bring I do not want to have to go through a loft full of crap if we manage to move. The less we have the better
- Aiming to go through all the kids toys – yet again – and sort through the broken ones and get rid of them, and donate ones that are no longer played with, I was going to try enforce the one in one out rule at Xmas but that obviously didn’t happen.