A Thirty Something’s Guide To Looking Your Best

Thirty is the new twenty, or so they say. I certainly agree that there is nothing to stop thirty-somethings being fabulous and rocking their look. Check out my tips to help you look your best in your thirties.

 

Dress for your figure

air-kiss-1255358_1920Image link

 

My number one tip is to dress for your figure. If you haven’t achieved that waif-like body by your thirties, chances are just not built that way. And that is totally cool. Embrace your curves and put all that energy that you use up trying to drop that last ten pounds into feeling confident and fabulous. A great way of doing this is to dress for your shape. Your form never really changes as you gain or lose weight, it just becomes, more or less exaggerated. By working out if you are an apple, a pear, or a triangle shape, you can pick clothes that flatter you. Show off your most favorite bits while gliding over you less favored parts in this way.

 

Look after your skin

skin-care-1309504_1920Picture here

 

One of the best thing you can do in your thirties is to start to take your skincare regime seriously. I think it’s easy to do the bare minimum in our twenties and get away with it. But when you pass the big 30, it’s time to get into a proper routine. Cleanse, tone, and moisturise twice a day, use night cream in the evening when it will have a better chance of being absorbed and getting to work. It’s also a good time to start getting anti-aging facials like the ones offered by Dr Leah. They will stand you in good stead for the years to come and make your less prone to the sign of aging.

 

Practical shoes

fashion-957158_1920

Picture source

Now shoes are a bit of an issue. I firmly believe that you shouldn’t just switch to a practical shoe as soon as you hit your thirtieth birthday. Yes, you may need something a bit more practical if you are on your feet all day, but remember that sexy shoes make us feel sexy. So even if it’s just for going out, don’t forget to have a few pairs of killer heels in your closet.

 

Eating healthy

Your thirties is also an excellent time to check any bad habits you have like eating junk and smoking. Unlike our twenties, in our thirties, we no longer feel the invincibility of youth.  So it’s a good time to make some positive changes to your lifestyle that will continue to benefit you through the years. Get your diet under control with the 80-20 plan. Eat well for 80% of the time and allow yourself some treats for the other 20%. This will help you achieve a good balance without becoming bored or feeling too restricted by your healthy eating.

 

Feeling Confident

The most important thing about your thirties is that you can start to care a little less about what other people think of you, and just be yourself a bit more. If you like bright colours, wear them. If you’re into kitsch patterns, go for it. Whatever you wear, wear it with confidence and you will pull it off, ensuring you always look your best.

 

Fee

Fee is a 35 year old mother of three, who has been on the blogging scene since 1996. Over the years she has tried to change her style but finds the personal diary effect to be her niche - there are not many of those around in the blogging world nowadays.